School Improvement & Development Priorities for 2018-19
- To build, shape and grow our new formal school partnership (begun in September 2018), with Carleton Rode CEVA Primary School.
- To create and develop a new SLT (senior leadership team) at Forncett.
- To explore federation and engage in the process, if deemed appropriate.
SIAMS & R.E (Statutory Inspection of Anglican & Methodist Schools & Religious Education)
- To familiarise staff and governors with the new SIAMS inspection schedule
- Ensure the school’s curriculum is fit for purpose in terms of the new schedule’s expectations to be sure we continue to provide a high quality education for all children
- To improve the quality of writing in R.E. further to ensure more children achieve a high standard
- To familiarise staff with the new R.E. assessment framework and implement its use across the school
- To build the numbers of children attaining writing at greater depth at the end of KS2, by developing ‘pupil voice’ within narrative writing.
- Improve writing progress rates across KS2
- Improve knowledge, understanding and use of vocabulary and idioms
GPS (grammar, punctuation & spelling)
- To improve the % of GPS expected attainment by the end of KS2 in 2019, so that it at least matches the NA % and maintain and strengthen levels at greater depth
- To encourage all children to choose to engage in a variety of reading and writing activities during their independent learning time, by further developing the continuous provision offered within the EYFS setting.